Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another one

So, it's possible that we will get our flight plans either today or tomorrow. We will know at lunch, when we get our first mail, and I will let you know as soon as I can (Maybe on Tuesday, even though you may get something directly from the Church as I mentioned before.)


Also, could you check the balance of our checking account? The one that I use? I fear I may have drained it. I went to by Laundry Soap on tuesday and it got declined. So I used a little bit of that $100 to do it. I only needed about $2.50.


Can you tell Grandma and Grandpa Stobbe that I got their letter through DearElder, but they put my MTC as the Argentina MTC. haha. So it didn't get here for a while.


I don't know if I have already mentioned this, but could you do some research on the Pouch Mail system of the Church? And if you find that it will be the best way to send letters to me, have Sierra post on the blog how to do it? I know that there is some kind of system in place, but I have no idea how it works.


It sounds like you are keeping busy. Hopefully that means income. We were talking in class the other day about how we all have seen blessing given to our families because we are out here serving. One of the Hermanas in our district just had her sister deliver the first grandchild/niece in their family, and everything went way smooth for the Mom, and the Baby. It's cool to see the good things that happen because of this work. (Let's not think about Ethan's tooth!)


So grandpa told me about Gordan Hayword (sp?) getting drafted by the Jazz, and I have heard some rumors about the NBA (Lebron in Miami?). I was wondering if you could send me just a simple rundown of the major trades/changes that have gone on. And so you don't get worried about distracting me, I will explain to you how I feel, and maybe you can pass this on to the rest of the family.


When I hear stories and get letters from all of you, I love it. I love when the sisters tell me all about their lives and all the cute things their kids do. It doesn't take me very long to read, and its just a breath of freshair. It doesn't distract me from the work, but gives me more desire to work harder, knowing that everything is good at home, and that the kids are still as cute as ever, and will be waiting cutely (not sure if that's a word) for me when I get home. And things like iPhone news and Basketball news are similar. It takes me just a few minutes to read, and doesn't really distract me. It's nice to keep in touch with Babylon just so I'm not completely enclosed in a bubble hear. And honestly, I like hearing about basketball and technology, because that's part of who I am. So don't hesitate to send me stories like that, and tell the girls to keep sending me stories about their families. I love all of them so much.


On the other hand, I look at how busy I am, and I know that if we didn't have time specifically set out for writing home, I might not ever do it. There is just so much to do here. But I do like writing home. It's cool to kind of talk to you twice a week.


Yesterday, we go to be Host Missionaries. I don't know if you remember when you dropped me off how I had a missionary take me away from you : ) Well we go to do that today. We take the new missionaries around campus and help them get their nametag and keys and such, show them where their residence is, and show them where their classroom is. It was really fun to be the first person they talked to after leaving their families. And it was interesting to see the different reactions of missionaries and their family. Some would stay hugging and crying for minutes, and finally tear themselves apart and depart with wet, red eyes. Others would give a quick hug and goodbye to their parents and just go.


We got over 450 new missionaries yesterday. We now have 5 districts in our Zone. For the first few weeks I was here we only had 3. It makes laundry more crowded, but I love that the Church has so many of us willing to come and serve. Well, my time is almost up today. If you could answer those questions, it would be much appreciated. Tell everyone who asks about me that I say hi. To them specifically. I can't think of all of them, but I want to tell all of them Hi. Tell Bishop Nelson everything is going great I am so thankful for his help, counsel, guidance, and friendship.


If you have any other stories you want to tell me, feel free to share 'em.


I love you so much! Sorry there isn't really anything specific for Mom in here. Mom, I love you too, so much it's ridiculous.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment