Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sorry Im posting this so late...

Hello Everyone!

It has been another great week in the MTC. I have learned lot's of Spanish, taught the 2nd Lesson in Spanish at the TRC, and a few other times, and had some good spiritual experiences.

Today I got to go clean at the Temple with my district, and I saw a bunch of Dad's friends. It was cool to at least some people I know from outside the MTC. We cleaned the grout in between the tile in the entryway with big toothbrush looking things. The work itself wasn't very fun, but it was great to get to go inside. It should open back up in time for me to go at least once more before I leave which is about two weeks now!

I started about two weeks ago to read the Book of Mormon over from the beginning. My purpose was to go through fairly quickly to get an overall picture of the story, and how events tied together. I finished on Sunday night, and that night took up Moroni on his promise, and prayed again to Heavenly Father to ask if the book is true. I received an answer, which was really a confirmation of something I already believed, that the Book of Mormon is in fact true. This was a good reminder for me, so that I can go down to Argentina and preach from this book. I wish I could preach like the early missionaries of the Church, who stood on a box and preached the Gospel to the people walking by on the street. There are so many good stories and Gospel Principles, even the Fulness of the Everlasting Gospel it that book, and I wish everyone would just read it and pray about it.

I'm sorry this one is kind of short, but I always spend too much time thinking about what to write.

Thank you everyone for your testimonies the copies of "El Libro de Mormón". Those will be a huge help.

Everything is going good here, and I will try to give you more of an update next week. It is a pain with only 30 minutes. Hopefully in the field I will have an hour, so that will be nice.

I love you all and am so grateful for all the packages I get!

Talk to you next week!

--

Elder Scot Daniel Stobbe Jr

Argentina Buenos Aires South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment