Sunday, April 3, 2011

Long time no see

Hey everyone, I know it´s been a while since I have written. There is a little less time here in the offices.

I have been enjoying my work, and I do almost everything on my own now. Occasionally I have to ask E. Pratley for help.

I´ll share a few things from what I have been doing these past few weeks. Including in the offices, and in the mission work.

This week, I was asked to help in a mission-wide project. For the next three months in our mission, we have a goal to baptize 100 people every month for the next 3 months. There are about 90 companionships in the mission, which means everyone has to do at least one with a few doing 2. So, President Stapley was trying to think of a way to rally the missionaries around this cause. He went to the scriptures, and the obvious answer was Captain Moroni when he wrote/made the Title of Liberty to rally the citizens of the Nephite nation. So I was commissioned to alter the famous picture of Moroni for this little campaign. It was fun, and not too hard, and I was able to help out the mission, I hope. It turned out a little blurry from the poor image quality I started with, but oh well. I have attached that picture.

My basic daily duties are as follows: orphan duties, cooking duties, dead guy duties.... just kidding. I think I have already said this, but just to make sure. I take care of all mail, packages, and supplies for the missionaries. We have to go to the capital to pick up the packages every few weeks, and once a week, I deliver everything to one half of the mission, and then the next week, I do the other half. I can officially drive a stick shift without a guide now too. This week we did the deliveries in Elder Jones´ car, which is an automatic. It has been almost 10 months since I have driven a car, much less an automatic, so that was nice. Other than that, I sit and play computer games. haha I take email, enter forms, track stats, things like that.

In the other part of things, we have been having success with our investigators. We had a baptism last saturday, a man named Gabriel Perez, and we are going to have another one tomorrow in between sessions of General Conference. His name is Alex, and he is 12 years old. He will be the only member in his family, but his mom supports him fully, as well as his dad. They say they aren´t ready to be baptized right now, but that they are excited ´´to have a mormon living in their house.´´

I have been learning a lot of new Spanish with E. Hermosilla. He makes me realize that even though I can talk just fine, and communicate whenever I need to, I have a long way to go if I really want to be a ´´Spanish Speaker´´. But he helps me every day to pronounce things right, new words, saying this correctly, etc. And he does it very patiently.

I don´t know about everyone else, but I am very excited for General Conference tomorrow. I have come to appreciate so much the fact that we have modern revelation. We are about to here what Heavenly Father wants for us RIGHT NOW. We are going to receive a confirmation of the veracity of the Restored Gospel, as well as strength, counsel, and motivation to press forward in this ever--changing world. And I will be listening to hear President Monson speak like Yoda. Pay attention, and you will see what I mean.

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, to give me a conference to help and to edify me. That for me he would send his word through a satellite, to show me the way to do what I know is right.

I know that this isn´t even very long, especially after the drought, but it is already time for me to get off.

I love you all. I think about you all the time, and I hope that you are all doing your part to receive all the blessings our loving Heavenly Father has for us.


Love,

Elder Scot Daniel Stobbe Jr







*There was no explanation with any of these pictures, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment