Sunday, November 20, 2011

To bring the world His truth

Hello Everyone!

This last week was great. On Monday the two companionships in my district and our zone leaders all came to Chascomús for P-day. It is about and hour and half travel for each of them, so they stayed the night to be here for district meeting the next day. On Monday night we all split up and went out to clap houses in our area. I went with one of my zone leaders, Elder Benavides. It was a great learning experience. He is very good at working around people saying no, and helping them see that actually do want/need to hear our message. He taught me that whether or not they know it or are willing to listen, our job is to bring the world His truth. The important part is that we bring it to them, do everything we can so that they reach out and take it, but in the end, it is their decision. Tracting is receiving rejection for the most part. We just have to remember why we are there so we don't give up before clapping that one house that has people waiting for us. In my mission, I have never really been that good at doing door contacts, so helped me a lot to see my zone leader at work. I have been trying to apply what he showed me since then. We had been struggling to find new people to teach, but thanks to this little "tormenta blanca" or "white storm" that we did, we were able to find 13 new investigators! Now we can barely handle them all! A tormenta blanca is when a large group of missionaries go to one area, and spend 2-3 hours just finding new people for the missionaries in that area. The name comes from our white shirts, and that fact that we are "storming" the area. Dad also had given me a similar idea a while back. This whole week since we did it, people have mentioning all the different missionaries they had seen, and were especially confused by the Sister Missionaries! But they are great, so we welcomed them all the same.

We have two girls getting ready for baptism right now. Their names are Ludmila and Magalí. They are cousins, and both have parents who are less-active but are coming back to church. They are both 9, and are getting baptized on December 3. We are also working a lot with a guy named Agustin, and his Grandma. They are next door neighbors to the second counselor in our branch, and know a lot about the church. They had talked to the missionaries before a few years ago, but never got baptized. They have both told us that they feel like it is time for them to make a decision about which is the correct path in their life. They are willing to read and pray and see if this Church is true. We are praying hard for them that they receive the answer they are looking for. Other than that, most of our investigators are pretty new, and we are doing our best to help them progress in the Gospel. Please pray for us as well as for our investigators.

A few answers to questions:

When I said that I received that many packages each week, I did not mean me personally, though it seemed for a while that I received at least one package every week. I got them from Summer, DeeAnn, Mom/the Family, the Summit Ward, the Highland 12th Ward, and some others I believe. I am very greatful for everyone who has sent packages, letters, postcards, newsletters, etc. I love hearing about what is going on in my two wards. I don't remember the name of the Sister from he Summit Ward who has been sending me letters, but if someone knows who she is and sees her, tell her thank you for me! And to keep 'em coming. I feel bad for not sending letters back. I should be better about that. I feel especially bad about Sister Montes. She used to send me letters and packages, and I don't think I ever sent her even a letter back. She probably thinks I never got them. Mom, are you in contact with her? Could you try to find her and get an address so I can write her and her family. I always remember them as my first connection to Argentina, and I tell people about them all the time. Ellos son la razon que soy de River Plate. I always take pride in telling people that I am a River fan because of some Argentine friends of mine back in the States.

I loved both my Birthday and Halloween packages, Mom. Don`t get mad, but I actually gave that wallet to my companion as a gift, because I already have one, and his had just broken. I did appreciate the Moroni stamp as well. I have enjoyed all the other candies and toys that came in it as well.

As far as what I need for Christmas, nothing. I would like some things. All I can think of right now would be more gum, and teriyaki beef jerky (I suggest sending it in ziploc instead of the original packing to save space/weight). I will think of more stuff and let you know next week.

Well, that is pretty much all for now. I love everyone, and hope you are all doing well. If you are not, follow the three basic steps to happiness. Read the scriptures, say your prayers, and go to church. I guarantee that while doing one of those things, and likely during all three, you will find a way to either fix your problems or be able to make it through them.

Have a wonderful week.

Elder Scoty Stobbe

No comments:

Post a Comment