Monday, April 9, 2012

Hello Everyone!

How was Easter? I had a great one. I gave a talk yesterday in church. I used a talk given by President Hinckley from 1995 http://www.lds.org/general-conference/1996/04/this-glorious-easter-morn?lang=eng It is interesting to read. First he talks about his plans as Prophet of the Church (He had been sustained a year before) It is interesting because he did exactly what he said he was going to do. Kind of like a... a prophet! Plus the second part about Easter and the Resurrection was great.

Camila was confirmed yesterday as well. It was such a great experience. She and her mom could not stop smiling the whole hour of Sacrament Meeting. It was also a momentous day because her mom, Paola, got her patriarchal blessing. They were definitely very happy yesterday, and still are, I imagine.

Elder Narvaez and I were able to visit one of the less active families in our branch this week, and it was a wonderful experience. I don't even remember what scripture we shared but we all felt the spirit so strong. The dad has been the root of their inactivity, and was planning on leaving the church for good. He had not been reading or praying either, so he was not enjoying the companionship of the Spirit. While we were there, we testified to him of the importance of activity in the Church and the Gospel (thanks, Donald L. Hallstrom) On Sunday, they came to church, and told us that they had read and prayed as a family the past few days! It is amazing the work the Spirit can do. All we had to do was show up and testify!

Our Branch President, who is single, and the First Counselor and his wife all went to the temple last week. They were all baptized within the last 2 years or so (well, the first counselors wife has been a member since she was 14, but reactivated when her husband got baptized.) They all had a wonderful experience. They all received their endowments, and the Ferreyra's (first counselor) were sealed as a family. On Sunday, there were so many faces shining with peace and joy. It was amazing!

Today we are down in Dolores for a district activity with the Zone Leaders. Basically we are just playing ping pong, eating, and watching Kung Fu Panda 2. I am actually missing part of the movie right now, but it's ok. I will see it in English when I get home. This might be the last time I see Elder Benavides, one of my Zone Leaders. He has been my Zone Leader since I got to Chascomús, and has been my Zone Leader for longer than any other. He has been a great example and leader for me these past 5-6 months. He is going home in two weeks, to Colombia. I am so grateful for all of the great missionary friends that I have made on my mission. There are some that I will never forget, and some that I will see often after my mission. It makes me happy to know so many good faithful servants of the Lord. I feel honored to be part of this missionary force, now numbering over 56,000!

Dad, thanks for sharing that story about Matt. Members helping members is such a huge part of success in the Church. And we are all examples, whether we know it or not. Thank you for being an example for good! Also, I love that video of Mr. Bean! It is one of my all-time favorites, because it is something that happens to all of us, especially the part with the candy. ha-ha

I am not sure who Trace and his wife are. But I am glad Martha is still our Sister/Aunt/Second Mom! I miss her, and all of you so much!

I know that this Church is true. I know that you all being good member missionaries. You probably don't recognize the huge help you are to those who see you. But as a missionary, we see it all the time!

I love you all!

Have a great week, and Happy Easter!


Good luck in your basketball tournament.



Elder Scoty Stobbe


No comments:

Post a Comment