Monday, September 27, 2010

09/27/2010

Hello!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUMMER! I hope your´s was as good as mine!
Second off, Thank You to Summer, Stacia, Chuck, Sierra, Shered, Hunter, and Kyler, as well as everyone else who contributed to my birthday package! It was AWESOME! Luckily, we had Zone Conference last week, and I was able to get the package on Thursday, so I had it for my birthday. I waited until Sunday morning to open it (you were probably all sleeping) I could feel the love spill out as soon as I opened the top. The pictures are wonderful, and the letters too. I love, love, love hearing about your precious little families and all the fun things you do. Tell all the kids, including ´´the bun in the oven´´ that I love them, and not to be too naughty (Jessie and the product made me laugh and cry) Of course, the presents from the kids are priceless! And the treats! I am so excited to slowly enjoy them! I spent about 20 minutes eating the Symphony bar last night and just enjoying it thoroughly. And I got a 3-pack of Ferrero Rocher from Olga at church! She is the nicest little abuela!
Mom, you were right. I was taken care of for my birthday. After church, we had lunch with a member family. After, we went to another family, the Mendoza´s (See the picture of the white cake with strawberries) to have cake! Then we went and worked for about an hour, contacting some referrals, and visiting an inactive member. Then we went and had cake with the Galarza´s, and taught their parents, who are investigating the Church right now. Then we went and had cake with Olga, our recent convert at her friend´s (Hermana Inchiostro) house. We taught her every time at this house. Then, finally, we went to the Arocha´s, who are a recent convert family that was baptized in May, and had homemade pizza, soda, and yes, cake. It was a very nice day, even though we didn´t accomplish too much in the way of work.
Speaking of nice days, Saturday was one of the best in my life! We had a double baptism for Manuel Alejandro Araneda Miranbio, and Margarita Olga Gonzalez Blanco. (See the pictures) They are both amazing! Olga was a little afraid of the water, but Elder Pepito, who baptized them both, helped her out, and she made it! She is roughly 70, and Manuel is 28. They both have the strongest testimonies of this Gospel, and are now started on the Strait and narrow path. On Sunday, I received yet another present, in that they both asked me to do the Confirmations. (Speaking of which, Dad, how did you know I had done that?) I practiced all morning in Castellano, to be able to say everything right, and when the time came, the Spirit picked me up and said it for me. I really didn´t have to think of the words. You could see in both of their eyes afterward that they, in reality, have the Holy Ghost with them. I am so excited for them to start their adventure into the eternities.
Speaking of the eternities, I have been thinking about them a lot lately. We have almost no time on this little earth, and if we don´t make the right decisions, we could end up with less than everlasting joy in the life to come. How important is it then, that we do all we can to be worthy before God, and share this message with the world? (See 2 Nephi 2) There is one way only by which we can be clean, in order to live with Heavenly Father, Jesus, and eachother after this life. And that is by faith in, and obedience to, Jesus Christ. He performed the Atonement for Every Single Person Who Ever Lived (Again, see 2 Nephi 2). All we have to do is accept it, and live by the commandments that he has given us. And these commandments are all there so that we can be happy, and so that God can bless us. Because as we know, every blessing we receive is dependent upon the commandments we keep (D&C 130:20-21). Therefore, let us all have a renewed desire to keep the commandments. Only good will come of it! Pretty soon, all that will matter is our family, and if we were obedient, bringing more people the truths that we have, so that they can live with their familes as well. I already told Dad this, but I am so excited to live for eternity with each and every one of you. All of our friends really are family, so I´m talking to you too. It´s going to be glorious beyond our comprehension when that day comes. I am trying to do my part right now to bring this marvelous message to the world, and I hope you are all doing the same!
I love you all so much, and I hope you are all doing great!
It´s too bad BYU isn´t doing to well, we´ll just have to wait a year or two.
Today we went to ´´Capital´´, the actual city of Buenos Aires, to do documents for our visas. I rode a subway for the first time. It was fun!
Thank you everyone for you prayers, support love, birthday presents, thoughts, and testimonies. I think about everyone, including ward members, frequently. Every one of you has made in impact on my life for the better, and I draw from those experience to help me in this ´´marvelous work and a wonder´´.
I miss you all, and I love you soooooooo much. (ask Kyler about that, he knows.)
Until next week...

--
Elder Scot Daniel Stobbe Jr
Argentina Buenos Aires South Mission

*(make sure to read the post below from last week)...

No comments:

Post a Comment