Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hey Everyone!

This week has been great at the MTC and apparently at home. This week was the Mission Presidents Seminar at the MTC, where 1/3 of the Mission Presidents are swapped out and they come for 5 intense days of training here. Because their job is so crucial they get trained by the best. That means that this week, the entire Quorum of the Twelve, and the First Presidency were at the MTC. On Friday, we had a special devotional meeting with Dallin H. Oaks as the speaker. And sitting on the stand were Elders Nelson, Scott, Bednar, Cook, Christofferson, Anderson, and Holland. It was so cool! I got to sit in about the 10th row, and when they left, they walked within 15 feet of us. It was quite an experience. We also saw Richard G. Scott in the Bookstore one day. He is really short! Haha it was suprising how short he was. Maybe like 5' 6" or possibly 5' 7" So that was great.


And then, on Sunday night, we always have a fireside with either a member of the Seventy or another General Authority. This Sunday it was the Managing Director of the Church Mission Department. He told us about the new Mormon.org, and all they are doing with the internet to aid in missionary work. Basically they want members to create a profile for people to read, so that the world can see that even though we're Mormon, we're not a bunch of weirdos. Ok, maybe we are, but we're still people. The tagline is going to be something like: "My name is Scot Stobbe. I am a father of 7. I'm a Mormon." or something like that. The website will go live on Dad's birthday, the 7th, but I think you can create your profile before. They want everyone who can to do it, and It is going to help the missionary effort, so I would strongly encourage anyone who reads this to do it! You may have to go LDS.org first and click on the "New Mormon.org" link to get to the right one. Gracias!


As far as day to day MTC life, I am getting better at Spanish, and as long as we talk slow, I can have simple conversations in Spanish. We have learned most of the general Spanish rules now. From now on, I think it will be a lot of the more complex rules, and a LOT of vocab.


Willy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you can read this! I am so excited for you to get here. I thought of a place we can meet. Every Sunday, we do a Temple Walk, so at 4:30 this Sunday, see if you can meet me by the main doors of the Temple...... and I'll say hi, or something. Anyway I'm so excited for you to get here and experience this amazing campus.


Can someone tell Chris Miller that I love him and I'm praying for him. I know how much he wants to be out doing the work.


Thank you all so much for the notes, and packages, and letters. It's quite nice to get them. I will try to be good about writing individuals.

Mark, the Address I got for Kelsey was wrong, they sent the letter back. Maybe you can "DearElder" it to me again, just to be sure? Thanks buddy.


Dad, I will be working at the temple sometime late next month. I won't disclose the actual day.


Well my time is almost up. I will talk to you all later.

I love you all so much!

--

Elder Scot Daniel Stobbe Jr

Argentina Buenos Aires South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment