Sunday, June 13, 2010

A word from Elder Stobbe again

Hey!

We get to email twice a week in our zone, because we do service that cuts into our preparation day time. So I am emailing you again!

I am having a great time here. I love Spanish. And our whole zone is so nice and always helps us with how to say stuff (Como se dice?) and where things are. New missionaries came in yesterday so we are no longer the newest. It was funny to see them walking around with awed looks on their faces, because I know that's how I looked a week ago.

I'm sure there are other things I need, but I am blanking on them right now.

I read a quote from President Packer this morning that I wanted to share with you both, (especially dad):

"The Authority of the Priesthood comes from ordination, The Power of the Priesthood comes from Righteousness"

(I paraphrased a little bit.)

I thought this was a great reminder that we can't just get baptized, and all the other ordinances we do, and then coast. It's a constant struggle to stay on the straight and narrow path.

I forgot something else! On Tuesday, Robert D. Hales came and spoke to us for our devotional. It was amazing. He spoke about Obedience and Righteousness, which are key to missionary work. It was such a wonderful experience to have concentrated preaching from an Apostle of the Lord.

I am writing in my journal every day, and following the sleep schedule to a "T".

Tell everyone that I love them, and I pray for our family every morning and every night.

I want you both to know how much I love you and how grateful I am for the example you set for me my whole life.

I pray the Lord's richest blessings upon you.

Scot Stobbe

No comments:

Post a Comment