Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week 2 in the MTC

Hello everyone,
MTC life has pretty much leveled out, with the same routine every day. It's nice, because we spend at least 12 straight hours each day studying the Gospel and the language.
Last Tuesday, We had Robert D. Hales come and speak to us, which was so amazing! He talked about being obedient as a missionary and as members of the Church.
We had another lesson with a "mock" investigator on Monday, which was really helpful. We did the first part, including introducing, getting to eachother, and asking if she wanted to hear the message, in Spanish. Then we taught the 1st Lesson in English.
Soon we won't be the new missionaries in our zone anymore. We are getting a new district tomorrow. I can't believe I have been here long enough to have new missionaries coming in. Summer, you mentioned in you letter that it seems like I have been gone forever, and at the same time, barely any time at all. I know what you mean. It's a strange feeling here, with all the days running together. Sometimes we can't even remember what we had for dinner the night before.
We got to go the Temple today, which was great because I missed last week. One of the Elders in our district and I forgot our recommends last time, so we had to go back and get them. But he couldn't find his, and I couldn't leave him, so we just walked around the Temple and took pictures.
We have gym for 50 minutes 5 times a week. There is a track, and some free weights, and a big gym floor with volleyball nets and basketball hoops. We can also play soccer, frisbee, kickball, or volleyball up on the Missionary Field. It is weird to play up there because I passed it almost everyday and saw the missionaries, and now I'm one of them! I get to play basketball almost every day. We have played beach volleyball (sand volleyball), with our district once, and we are trying to do it again, but it keeps raining. And then today, when it's nice and sunny, we have P-Day and no gym.
I have really enjoyed getting letters, notes and packages from everyone. Thank you so much! It is so nice to get mail. Summer gave me some paper, envelopes, and stamps, so I will try to send some real snail mail to people. Can someone get me Matt, Rob, Chris, Lincoln, and Derek's addresses along with the other addresses I asked for. And if it's not too much trouble for someone to copy the Prina Profile blog posts, and Elder Miller's emails onto DearElder.com and send those to me, that would be great. I think I have missed the last 3 weeks. Gracias!
I miss everyone, but not as much as I love being here. I think about the boys and Ellie every night, and a few nights ago, I had a dream that Ellie was Kyler's age! Which she will be when I get back. I love getting the notes and drawings from the kids!
Sheyene, I love your little note on my package. I miss you so much.
To all my Sisters, Brother(s-in-law), Friends, and sobrinos (spanish for nieces and nephews), I love you!
Mom and Dad, I love you too and I am so grateful to have yours, and everyone's support while I am here serving. Thank You
(If there are typos, please excuse me. I have barely enough time to write this, much less spell check it.)
--
Elder Scot Daniel Stobbe Jr
Argentina Buenos Aires South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment