Sunday, June 27, 2010

Scoty's letter from thursday...

T.R.C. stands for Teaching Resource Center. It's where practice with "mock"
investigators. I don't know if I told you that we don't get to do the
referral center (online and phone) part of the MTC. Missionaries get called
to that mission now if they have certain restrictions. I think I will
get to go work at the Temple for our next P-day. At least that's the rumor I
heard from a counselor in our Branch Presidency. I'm not really
sure what I should record on my recorder, maybe you can "DearElder" me some
ideas? I will speak some Spanish for you. Let Mom read this next
part: Mom, I have some bad news. I know how to do laundry, and cook, and
kind of how to iron clothes, but the thing I never learned was to how sew a
button, and one of my buttons already came off! Uh oh! haha I think there is
a place here that will teach me, but I guess it's just one of those things I
never learned. Here at the bookstore they sell this Cleaning Stick for
collars called...... "White Collar" I'm not sure how much it costs, but I
saw someone use it and it worked really well. I might get some of that for
my collars. Unless you already have something you can give me. We have
4 Sisters (Hermanas) in our district, and it always reminds me of you. You
must have been so far ahead of the Elders when you were here. They really do
know more than us. One of the Hermanas in my district turned 22 today, and
our teacher is only 21! It's kind of strange, even though he already served
his mission and has all that experience. Anyway, I'm so grateful for
Sisters who choose to serve, because they help us so much. I'm sure you were
a blessing to the Anzianos in your district. Speaking of Anzianos and
Sorellas, there is an Italian speaking zone on our floor, and I always stop
them to talk to them and tell them my parents served there. It's so cool to
imagine you guys at that age (this age) learning at this same campus. I am
so grateful for that example. I love you both so much. When we have
interviews with our Branch Presidency they always ask if we have good
support at home, and I love getting to say that I couldn't have more support
than I do! I am so grateful for that. I know that this is where I should be
and that you both are 100% behind me. That is a great motivator. I
continue to strive to serve worthy of all the support and help I and We have
been given. I love you both so much, and I hope to hear from you soon!

--
Elder Scot Daniel Stobbe Jr
Argentina Buenos Aires South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment