Sunday, November 28, 2010

Elder Stobbes letter from November 22nd

Hey!

I don´t have much time today, sorry. We are actually in our Bishop´s

almacen (a little shop that they have here) and he has one computer.

So my companion and I have to take turns. We can´t go to a normal

cyber to use the computers because today is a holiday here.

This last week was interesting. We had very few lessons, but the one´s

we had were awesome! We watched a whole grip of movies this week. On

monday, for a noche de hogar (family night), we watched finding faith

in Christ. Then we watched the Restoration movie twice with different

investigators. Then we had an activity on Saturday night where we

watched the Testaments. Every time we finish a movie, at least one

person is all teared up, and we always have little testimony meetings

right after. With one of the times we watched the Restoration, we had

to do it in the Church because they don´t have a DVD player. So we

gave them a tour first, and when we showed them the Baptismal Font,

Ezequiel (9 yrs old) says, it would be very nice to get baptized here

(his mom is an inactive member, so he knows about baptism. It was

awesome! We don´t want to put a date yet for his baptism because he

learns really slow, so we have to take our time with him.

Can someone tell Matthew that I never said I was born in Lanai. I

always said Lihue. Is it true that he is serving in Lihue right now?

What are the chances that one of my best friends would serve his

mission in my birthplace!

I want everyone to know that I have a testimony of this Gospel.

Especially Stacia and Shered. I am not perfect, and none of us are,

but this Gospel is. It is true, and the only way we can really have

true joy in this life and in the world to come. What I am doing right

now is difficult. Some days, when no one wants to listen, and our

appointments aren´t there, and we get home at night only having taught

one person, it is hard to keep your passion for this work. That is,

until I remember why I chose to come over 5,000 miles and give 2 years

of my life to try and share this message. Because it is TRUE. Christ

restored his church on the earth, and is the Living Head of that

church at this very moment. Through his atonement and teachings, we

can have eternal life with those we love most, our family. I know that

with all of my mind and heart.

I love you all so much! I love to hear from you all.

One more quick question. I was thinking the other day and I am not

sure where everyone is living, specifically Sheyene and Shered. Maybe

someone could answer that!

I am out of time now, like all the missionaries always say. But I

really do have to go.

Que tengan fe en Cristo siempre es mi deseo mas grande. Les amo muchísimo.

Elder Scot Daniel Stobbe Jr

Argentina Buenos Aires South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment