Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Dad-

I was wishing and hoping you would include that phrase of yours in your email, and I almost cried when I read it. I miss you so much. I miss our whole family. It's interesting when you think we can love so many people so much. All of my sisters, Shered, my brother-in-laws, nephews, nieces, cousings, grandparents, and my parents. I can think of why I love each and every one of them. Imagine how it must feel for Heavenly Father. He feels that way for EVERY PERSON WHO HAS EVER LIVED, OR WILL LIVE! I stand all amazed at the love he gives to all of us.

I have my own little family down here with my district. We are quite apart from the rest of the mission, and we have become really united. I feel a similar love for each of them. I try to do my best as their leader to be an example and show them my Savior's love. And in return, I know that my love is reciprocated. Today we are in Dolores for P-day, and are staying here tonight for District Meeting tomorrow. The whole day I have been thinking that for now this is a suitable substitute to being with my family for Christmas and New Years.

Just for fun, I will tell you a little about my district. There are two Sister missionaries. One is from Argentina, named Hermana Rios, and her companion, Hermana Price is from Virginia. They both make us all better! The other comanionship is Elder Arpires, who is also from Argentina, and Elder Jarvis who is from Meza, Arizona. Elder Jarvis just got here this transfer, but he already feels like part of the family! I will send a picture next week of all of us.

I made a short video and took pictures from New Years, but I left my camera back at the church, so I'll send them next week. I can't believe that is is 2012 already! I mean, the world is ending this year! Crazy!

New Years at home sounded fun. I missed the Russian tea cookies and Martinellis.

Yesterday we had a lesson with Maria, who we haven't talked to in a little while. Her grandson, Agustin, kind of cooled off and isn't too interested anymore. But she understands the importance of baptism, and all we have to do is help her get to church. She is very old, blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. (well, she can barely see out of it) We are going to do everything we can to help her get baptized.

Dad, I got the link for DropBox. I am not at my "home computer" so I am not going to download the stuff, but I checked the link and it is all good. Thank you, and feel better! Don't lie around all day, go bounce! My companion has had the flu this past week. Luckily it is passing and I didn't catch it.

Mom, did I understand right that Shered is using my email address (scotystobbe@gmail.com)? So should I write to that one? It just seemed weird so I thought I'd double check.

With that $20 I bought fruit, milk, and chocolate mix, and made several smoothies. I also bought some other food necessities. As far as my clothes, nothing is really broken, but dingy...? a little. About half my socks are a weird brownish color from getting bleached one time, the faux leather covering on my belts is coming off in places and I have a few short sleeved shirts that are less than pristine white, but I have been fine with these. You can decide if you want them replaced.

I have been thoroughly enjoying those books I got for christmas, I used two stories and three quotes in my talk in church yesterday. It was about goals and the vision to accomplish them. Thank you for those!

I hate to ask, but my bike is in need of a few repairs (again!) It seems like the bikes always need something fixed here. It is something that could wait a few weeks maybe to be fixed, but it might get worse and be more expensive. The guy at the bike repair place said he could do it for about 100 pesos, which is a little less that $25 dollars, if that is possible. (Also I don't know if I mentioned this, but i get charged 17 pesos every time to take out money, roughly 4 dollars, just so you know.)

Dad, no pressure, and don't worry about it while you are sick, but didn't you say that we had to wait for the new year to do anything more about Collins College? I saw on the website that classes start on September 1st or October 15th, but the graduation date for those start times is the same. Could you ask about that? I don't know if it would be worth it spend a little more time at home before moving away for good? (For your's and mom's sake, of course...)

Also, I never got that application or any information about the Re-Fi for the Maxima. Let me know if I need to do anything with that.

I love everyone! Have a great week and a wonderful new year.

-Elder Scoty Stobbe

P.S. Food for thought: When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment